Focus of the pilot: to involve informal caregivers in knowing information about daily behavior of elderly at home and outside. It will be a real-life experiment deployment.
Two Use Cases to be deployed:
- Daily Activity monitoring at Home
- Monitoring assisted persons outside home
The project funds equipment for indoor use case: 525 kits
The pilot contemplates continuous monitoring both in the home of the elderly as well as outside, in the neighborhood and throughout the city to promote autonomous life, identifying relevant situations that may represent a risk, and informing both formal or informal caregivers. Deployed sensors will allow modeling of habitual patterns of behavior in a person, and identify significant deviations that may represent an opportunity for early intervention. Within the home, deviations are reported to the caregiver’s mobile device through a App.
The Valencia deployment site aims to demonstrate how IoT solutions can make easier, safer and helpful the environment for elderly people and give peace of mind to their caregivers. The IoT solution provides a continuous monitoring (24 hours a day) of elderly people wellbeing inside and outside home. The solution can also be tailored and adapted to each person needs and specific situation, thanks to the range of scenarios that its functionalities can cover. A wellbeing monitoring system that allows to test that the elderly person is well cared and to identify risky situations in advance, as well as changes in routines and habits, providing end users valuable information to design interventions and take decisions that improve their own quality of life, for ageing well.
Target: 750 users
Minimum requirements for elderly people participating:
- 65 and over
- Up to Level 5 Clinical Frailty Scale
- Inhabitants of city (total 159.337 inhab over 65, 20% population)
Considerations to get statistical sample according the city reality:
- Gender issues: 60% of women
- Inhab. per home:
- 20% of the population over 65 living alone and 77,5% are women
- 60% are living with other persons over 64
- Age expectancy: 85,7 y women / 79,8 y men
- With / without formal / informal caregivers (at least 4 hours alone) and their gender
- Distribution per districts